Raising awareness among companies to help the environment
Today's society needs and demands a dignified environment to live and economic development must go hand in hand with this need. This is why the question is being tackled at the global level and the proof is that the International Organization for Standardization set the voluntary international standard ISO 14.000which deals with environmental management in companies around the world.
Companies that adhere to this standard have understood that they have the ethical obligation and the law (as a group of citizens) generate and promote environmental protection measures. The company can collaborate in any way it deems necessary and with the aim of making a real contribution in terms of protecting our natural environment:
inform and educate their employees on the subject
by taking energy saving measures
recycling of stationery and materials
prevention of contamination, in particular
However, there are still thousands of companies that have not assumed a role in environmental protection, either for cost reasons or for reasons of low interest, leaving out a possible large contribution as as an effective agent. In other words, they ignore the fact that they have enormous potential to make a substantial difference.
On the other hand, they miss an opportunity for their own business, as they could use it for the benefit of their stakeholders, for example by reducing their negative impacts and developing measures of corporate social responsibility. Tasks as simple as recycling paper, reducing electricity consumption, among other measures, can be very helpful in taking care of the environment, which should be part of the social responsibility of companies, since they these also have this duty as consumers of natural resources.
Teleworking, a measure in favor of the environment
Teleworking is a means that more and more companies are implementing. Not only because of the multiple benefits it can bring to the business. But it is also a measure for help the environment and load it with fewer trips that may be unnecessary.
1.fewer trips to the office
When working from home, there is no need to travel to the office, or to go there less often. And also fewer flights for meetings that are not needed in person. It means that less pollution, less CO2 and other toxic emissionsso that the air in cities is better. Especially in cities where there are heavy traffic jams entering and leaving workplaces. At the same time, it is also an energy saving by spending less fuel.
2.lower energy consumption
Habitually, Office equipment tends to consume more than home office equipment. With employees working from home, it is would reduce energy costsThis results in energy savings and a reduction in pollution caused by the production of this energy.
The same goes for heating and air conditioning: the energy expenditure to temper a house is not the same as that required for an office building. It also means savings for businesses.
3.reduced paper consumption
In offices, the cost of paper is much higher if the worker goes to his workplace. When it comes to teleworking, it is preferable to working with PDF and online documentsthan using paper documents.
The cloud has helped a lot in this regard, allowing many documents to be stored in the cloud and thus avoiding the expense of paper and storage.
The 5 other advantages of teleworking
Moving the office from your work to your home is as easy as have a computer and a good internet connection. Teleworking makes it possible to work more comfortably, to reconcile work and private life and, as a result, the worker forgets peak hours. Thus, stress at work can be reduced. Today's companies are encouraging teleworking: they have started offering their workers the possibility of doing business from home, or wherever they want.
1.forget about traffic jams during rush hour. The first hour of the working day is usually marked by traffic jams. This is one of the problems of working in the office. You can waste a lot of time getting there and home. If you work from home, you can save yourself the hassle of waking up so early to avoid these situations.
2. Time saving compared to trips to the office. Getting to the office takes time that you can invest in your own professional performance. If you opt for telecommuting, you can save on travel time and the cost of public transport or private vehicles.
3. Expand your work obligations on your own schedule. Telecommuting is much easier to work at your pace. If you decide to work from home, you can set your own schedule. So you can be more productive without having to work too many hours.
4. Work by objectives. Workers who opt for telecommuting often target their work. This makes it easier to work with motivation. Staff accountability is encouraged.
5.vita stress at work. In the workplace, there is often an unpleasant feeling of stress at work. If you opt for telecommuting, you will be at home developing your tasks: it will be more difficult for stress to invade your work day.
Other ways to protect the environment
1.do not use plastic bags. When going to the supermarket, it is important to do without plastic bags. The point is that these things have a lifespan of between 100 and 1 years, so if they are left on the streets, it is extremely difficult to make them disappear. Instead, try carrying your food or produce in a backpack or baskets, which, in addition to being easier to transport, are a powerful environmental solution.
2. Change your refrigerator. Household appliance companies are forced to create environmentally friendly appliances. This means that they use less electricity and less water. According to a recent study, replacing an old refrigerator can be equivalent to stopping ten tonnes of CO2 emissions in 15 years. And by replacing old appliances with more energy efficient ones, you will save the environment and your wallet. Lower consumption means lower emissions and lower bills.
3. Renew your bulbs. Although they are more expensive than traditional bulbs, energy saving bulbs are really recommended for saving energy. Replacing traditional lamps with modern lamps saves more than 45 kilograms of carbon dioxide per year. And LED bulbs are even better for the environment: cheaper, less consuming, more durable, less polluting ...
4. Turn off any devices you are not using. If you're looking to save money, turning off the television when no one is watching it or turning on the lights only in the space we are in is one way to prevent thousands of pounds of CO2 from entering the atmosphere. You should also keep in mind that devices that are on standby consume power, even if it is less than when they are turned on.
5. Unplug the chargers. Although it is very common to always leave the cell phone charger plugged into the wall, this practice is extremely harmful to our environment. Even if it is not connected to the phone, it will still consume electricity. It must be said that consumption is minimal, but it is.
6. Check for water leaks. Often our house has a water leak and we don't know it. Check the water meter and if you detect one, ask for it to be repaired. It is because the little drops that are constantly lost represent a huge loss over a year.
7. Innovate your tank. The installation of an ecological cistern allows a partial and total emptying, which makes it possible to save water without modifying your lifestyle.
These are just a few ways to how to help the environment. There are many more that we should start implementing. We have to take care of our planet because it is our livelihood and we only have one. And don't forget: think global, act local.
Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It's powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need to engage your visitors and increase conversions.